Find Affordable Housing
- City of Redwood City Affordable Housing List [PDF]
This is a list of affordable housing located in the City of Redwood City. The list includes contact information for each property.
- Notification List - If you wish to be notified about opportunities for below market rate/affordable housing units for rent and/or purchasing within one of the newly under construction developments, please email email@example.com to leave your contact information. You will be notified when the developer will open an interest list. This list is ONLY to be notified when the developer will begin the process of creating an interest list for applicants. An application will still need to be submitted to the property management company of the property you are interested in. This is only a Notification list to notify interested persons when the property will begin an interest list. The City does not accept/or maintain an application list.
- Non-Profit Housing Association (NPH) - Additional affordable housing search tools and resources provided by NPH.
- List of Mobile Home Parks in San Mateo County [PDF]
- County of San Mateo Department of Housing Website
First Time Homebuyer Information & Workshops
- HEART and Meriwest Credit Union - First Time Homebuyer Loans
- UPCOMING First Time Homebuyer Workshop - Thursday, February 22nd & March 22nd in Daly City at the War Memorial Center - Community Room, 1300 S. El Camino Real at 6PM, CLICK HERE for more information.
- Habitat for Humanity Greater San Francisco - Visit Habitat's website to read about upcoming Homebuyer Readiness Workshops provided in Redwood City and First Time Homebuyer opportunities.
- Find out more about the Habitat For Humanity Redwood City development at 612 Jefferson Avenue.
- First Home - Free Bay Area First Time Homebuyer seminars and counseling workshops.
Other Affordable Housing Resources
- HIP Housing - Homesharing Program: Visit HIP's website to view the latest list of rooms for rent and list of housing seekers. Also, click on the link below to read more about the home sharing program.
- Housing Assistance Program [PDF] - Deposits, delinquent rent, other housing financial needs.
- One Degree is a useful website to search for affordable housing in the Bay Area.
- Fair Oaks Community Center - The Fair Oaks Community Center is a multi-service facility offering a variety of services to the broader Redwood City community. Services are offered by a combination of City staff and representatives from public and private non-profit agencies. Services are available in Spanish and English.
- City of Redwood City Community Centers
- County of San Mateo Human Services Community Handbook
- Other Community Resources
Housing Rehabilitation Programs
- Home Improvement Loan Program - Low-Interest Loans for low-income Redwood City homeowners and multi-family property owners that rent at least 51% of their units to low-income households. Interest rates are currently 2% and terms range from 5-15 years.
- Single Family Loans
- Multi-Family Loans
- Safe at Home Minor Home Repair Program - Free home repairs for qualified low-income households.
- Housing Accessibility Modifications Program - Free housing accessibility modifications (ramps, rails, grab bars, vertical lifts and other modifications to make a home accessible) to assist people with disabilities to remain at home or move back into their home with greater independence.
Our Community: Housing and Our Future
Beginning this March, the City, in partnership with Redwood City 2020, the County’s Home For All initiative and the Library Foundation, is inviting the community to come together for a series of community conversations on housing. Our Community: Housing and Our Future includes a series of community conversations and City Council meeting discussions. Please consider joining us for one or all of these opportunities to discuss this important issue facing our community.